Last modified: September 2017
San Miguel Brewery Inc. and its subsidiaries (“SMB”, “We”, “us” or “our”) respect your privacy and hence keep secure and confidential all personal and sensitive information that you may provide to SMB and/or those that SMB may collect from you (“Customer Information”).
This privacy statement (“Statement”) provides for the kinds of Customer Information you may provide to SMB or we may obtain from you through this website, www.sanmiguelbrewery.com (“Website”), and the standards we observe in using, processing, keeping, securing and disclosing said Customer Information.
Please read this Statement carefully to understand how We treat Customer Information. We may update this Statement from time to time to reflect change(s) in the law and/or our internal standards. When We do so, We will notify you by posting the updated Statement in this Website for your information and reference. By accessing the Website and submitting your Concerns (defined below) through it, you expressly acknowledge that you have read, understood and hereby agree and consent to all of the terms of this Statement.
Customer Information We Collect and Process
Further to our commitment to continually delight our customers, our Website allows you to directly reach us and provide comments, suggestions and complaints (collectively, “Concerns”) on our products and services to help us improve them and make them like no other. When you access our Website and submit your Concerns, We ask you to provide the following personal information to identify you and enable SMB to act on your Concerns:
- Full Name
- Contact Details (ie., telephone number, mobile number, e-mail address)
- Birth Date
If you do not provide any or all of the foregoing Customer Information accurately, SMB may not be in the position to effectively address your Concerns. Any additional personal and sensitive information that you may provide through your correspondence(s) with SMB in connection with your Concerns shall also be considered and treated as Customer Information.
When you navigate through and interact with the Website, depending on your settings, We may use web tracking through Google analytics to obtain certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, such as:
- Details of your visits to the Website (e.g., traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website).
- Information about your computer/device and internet connection, as well as IP address, operating system, and browser type (collectively, “Collected Data”).
The Collected Data may include other personal and sensitive information, and We may maintain or associate them with Customer Information We ask you to provide to SMB in connection with your Concerns.
What We Do with Customer Information and Collected Data
Upon receiving your Concerns and the accompanying Customer Information identifying you, SMB or its duly authorized third party forwards the same to the concerned SMB department, who will get in touch with you to attend to, further inquire about and address your Concerns. SMB may separately contact you to confirm that the concerned SMB department has acted on your Concerns and/or ask you for further feedback. SMB may also use said Customer Information to call you to get your feedback for our customer satisfaction survey to enable us to continuously delight our valued customers by understanding your Concerns and analyzing our performance in handling them. SMB may also use your Customer Information or any other additional personal and sensitive information you provide to SMB to fulfill any other purpose that SMB will inform you and for which you may separately agree to provide them.
For the Collected Data, they may be used for the security of our Website, and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
Retention of Customer Information and Collected Data
SMB and/or its duly authorized third party shall retain the Customer Information and Collected Data for a maximum period of five (5) years counted from the date you provide it to SMB or when they were collected, respectively.
Disclosure and Sharing of Customer Information and Collected Data
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose and share the Customer Information and Collected Data, subject to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, on a need to know basis, and in all cases only for legitimate business purposes, as follows:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties We engage to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Customer Information and Collected Data confidential and use it only for the purposes for which We disclose it to them;
- To government and law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies;
- To comply with orders of courts, government agencies, regulatory bodies, stock exchanges and with applicable laws and regulations;
- If We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of SMB, our affiliates, officers, employees, customers, or other third parties;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of SMB’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Customer Information and Collected Data held by SMB about our Website users are among the assets transferred; and
- To conduct investigations of breaches of SMB’s internal policies, laws and regulations, enforce appropriate sanctions and pursue legal actions if necessary.
Website Visitor Under the Age of 18
No one under age eighteen (18) (“Minors”) may provide any Customer Information on the Website. SMB does not knowingly collect Customer Information from Minors. If you are a Minor, please do not use or provide any information on this Website about yourself.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Accessing and Correcting Your Customer Information
You are entitled to certain rights relating to the Customer Information, including the right to access and correct the same, as well as to object to its use and processing. You may send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct and/or delete any Customer Information that you have provided to us. Please be advised, however, that We cannot delete your Customer Information without restricting or removing our ability to effectively address your Concerns. We may not accommodate a request to correct and/or delete Customer Information if We believe the same would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the Customer Information to be incorrect.
Security of your Customer Information and the Collected Data
We have implemented technical, organizational and physical measures designed to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your Customer Information and the Collected Data and secure them against destruction, loss, unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, fraudulent misuse and/or any other unlawful processing, as well as other natural and human dangers.
Should you have any questions and/or concerns regarding this Statement, SMB’s use of your Customer Information and the Collected Data, or your rights in relation thereto under the Data Privacy Act of 2012, please do not hesitate to contact SMB at (02) 8632-2337 or the National Privacy Commission.
For Data Privacy concerns and inquiries, please contact:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: (02) 8632-3691
For non-Data Privacy matters, please contact us here.